Seems I'm never going to finish this.. just *post* it!
*What is it ?* Zwiki is a Zope product for building wikis - a special kind of website that's easy for anyone to edit. Zwiki was started in 1999 by Simon Michael and now receives improvements from many contributors. It is released under the GNU GPL. A new version is released on the first of the month. See http://zwiki.org for more.
*0.41 release summary* Some anti-spam features, skin fixes and translation updates. Full release notes are below.
*Zwiki news this month*
Development activity, contributors
Translation updates from T.C. Chou (chinese) and Gaspar Quiles (spanish), and a number of fixes from Jens Nachtigall. Thank you!
Bug reporting & closing activity bug day on the first friday of the month
Documentation activity reorganized front page UsersGuide and AdministratorsGuide are fairly complete and accurate old docs have been demoted to *Notes and linked less prominently
New zwiki-edits list and mail setup
new anti-spam features installed (no external links by unidentified users, delayed indexing); no spam since
As a reminder, experimental rss links are available, linked on the FrontPage. They are
.../pages_rss - new pages in this wiki
.../changes_rss - recent edits in this wiki
*Links* http://zwiki.org - Zwiki home, with all download, documentation & discussion links http://zwiki.org/ZwikiFunding - how to donate or sponsor a feature
------------------------------------------------------------------------ *Release notes*
Some anti-spam features, skin fixes and translation updates.
Translations may be somewhat in flux this release.
* restrict external links: if a max_anonymous_links int property is defined, edits from unidentified users (with no username) containing more than that number of http:// links will be refused and logged
* delayed indexing: pages now include the NOINDEX meta tag for 24 hours after an edit, to reduce the chance of spam links being indexed by search engines.
* show page source links when using thorough search, to help with spam cleanup
* make subscribe form help reflect the comments/edits mailout policy (Jens Nachtigall)
* AnonymousUserSubscriptionInPlone (Jens Nachtigall) fixes #878 anonymous subscription in cmf/plone subscribes "Anonymous User"
* br_for_subscribed_pages_list_on_subscribeform (Jens Nachtigall) If one is subscribed to several pages, theses pages are on the same line, which looks confusing. Now it is done as with the page_subscribers list on the very same subscribeform, ie an " " is inserted between each page name.
General - i18n
* regenerate pot and po files, and this time with up-to-date Default comments (#1093, SM, Jens Nachtigall)
* mark_PREVIEW_as_translatable (Jens Nachtigall)
* chinese translation updates (T.C. Chou)
* spanish translation updates (Gaspar Quiles)
General - skins
* subscribeform_remove-unneccessary-span-tags (Jens Nachtigall)
* new api method: lastEditIntervalInHours
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists - http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce