Am Freitag, den 20.05.2005, 03:54 -0700 schrieb prabuddha ray:
> sorry for delay,
>          but the options you gave are ruled out.
> actually not all the rows in the column have the values.

Which is perfectly met by the if statement. Please read
_my_ post again and to the end.

> further the total i'm looking for will result in a very complex query
> that i dont want to do onsidering the no. of rows are high.
>
>   I just need something like a var in my ZPT which can just sum up the
> values if they  are present.
> value's prsence i'm checking using tal:condition but how to add the
> value repeatedly in the sum var.

No, you definitively dont want that type of algorithm implement in
ZPT. Thats better done in python scripts. The skeleton again
in my mail. Forget about the count() for a moment.

Regards
Tino
--
Tino Wildenhain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>