On 5/22/05, Garito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Identify and acotated the duplicate classes (I know you are a fan of
> DTML, for example, but I think they aport a duplicate functionality with
> python scripts and page templates) to unify in one

You have a good point.

But... if we do things like that, we kill all backwards compatibility,
so i don't think that is a feasible way forwards for Zope2. Also loads
of things need to be reimplemented, in that case.

However, one project HAS done just that kind of thing: Zop3.

> Why don't use Ruby for example (with Ruby on Rails or without it)? It's
> modern (if you compare it with python) and clear

I hear many Ruby-people claiming ruby is superiour ty Python. None has
yet been able to show me one superiority that is not simply matters of