--On Montag, 23. Mai 2005 22:36 Uhr -0400 James O'Keefe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On our website we have a form where by a person can subscribe to our
announcements list.  It is the standard mailman form.

We would like to expand on that form such that a user can enter their
email address and zip code which we would log to our database and then
call the url to subscribe the person in the mailman list.

You definitely want to do this on the server side when submitting the form.
Since you can call scripts a from action you can call any known method
in Python to trigger an HTTP request (-> Python's urllib module).