Oscar Figueiredo wrote:

this might be trivial but I just can't find a way to do it.  How does one
replace the initial UserFolder at Zope root with a LDAPUSerFolder ?
I tried the dummy way : delete the acl_users with an intent to instanciate a
LDAPUSerFolder afterwards but that locked me out in a way I could do nothing
but recreate a new Zope instance...  skip-authentication-checking in
etc/zope.conf didn't help...

Do not do that. You don't want to get locked out of your Zope because of LDAP problems.

If you must have several other folders share a user folder other than the default, create a folder that contains everything.

/acl_users (ZODB)
/root/acl_users (LDAP)

"Building Websites with Plone"