On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 03:26:04PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> A higher risk comes from the fact that some Python packages may
> rely on the broken "hasattr" behaviour. That's the reason why
> the problem is not fixed in Python itself.

And that's a very good reason not to monkeypatch it.
We can't have arbitrary third-party packages breaking when
they are used with Zope. Such bugs could be maddeningly difficult
to diagnose and find.

Anyway, Jim has made a papal edict on zope-dev:
We will never monkeypatch hasattr in the zope core.

Paul Winkler