On May 27, 2005, at 19:29, J Cameron Cooper wrote:
Do not do that. You don't want to get locked out of your Zope because of LDAP problems.

The emergency user always works. You can't lock yourself out due to LDAP problems. If anyone sees a symptom like that on the current LDAPUserFolder version it will be fixed right away because it is a bug.

Yes, you can always break into Zope that way. But that's not something I would want to plan to do, especially when the alternative is so easy.

My point is simply that asserting "never do that, you will lock yourself out" is just spreading FUD unless you work with badly written user folders.