--- Paul Winkler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 12:05:00PM -0700, Rob Boyd wrote:
> > I just observed something which I really wouldn't have expected. If
> > set a property on an object, via a PropertySheet, I then cannot add
> an
> > object of the same id at the same level (and vice-versa).
> Yes. PropertyManager just stores properties as attributes.
> So they're in the same namespace as ObjectManager sub-objects.
> Arguably that's wrong, but this is the first time I've heard
> of anybody having a problem with it :-)
> --
> Paul Winkler

Thanks for the speedy reply. I ran into it because I have a CMF tool
for organizations, which has valid org codes as properties, and
contains organization objects. I was converting data from a relational
database and wouldn't you know, there was an org code with the same
name as an organization. So I guess I'll hack around by lowercasing the
org ids, and letting the org code property ids be all caps.

Do You Yahoo!?