On 6/3/05, fs1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can someone help me with the following general questions ....
> 1.My goal is to use CMF so that it acts like an online newspaper.  If I
> decide to install CMF, do I need my own in-house server? Or can I pick and
> choose from any provider to install the package?

There are providers that are hosting Zope, sure. They can help.
When it comes to CMF, you should know that CMF is only a framework to
build content management solutions. You will probably be happier if
you use one of the finished solutions built on CMF, such as CPS or

> 2. Does knowing some  PHP, ASP and perl help?

Yes, it does, because knowing ASP and PERL will make you thank your
lucky star that you're not using any of them anymore. :-) I do.