--On 11. Juni 2005 11:52:05 -0400 Todd Clayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We are building a commercial product as an add-on to zope.  There  are
several 3rd-party components that can not be open sourced.  Is  it
possible to distribute those components (packaged separately)  without
needing to make them open source?  Obviously we will  recognize all
copyrights and open source any changes to zope itself.

Zope is published under the ZPL which is basically a BSD-like that says: you can do whatever you want with Zope. This applies only to the Zope core. If you have any other 3rd-package published under the GPL you might run into some problems.