Thierry FLORAC wrote at 2005-6-13 13:24 +0200:
>The only thing that I don't manage to do is, in FTP or WebDAV, to
>restrict a user view (a directory listing) to the only files that he can
>effectively download (for these files, they can be effectively
>downloaded, but they are actually seen in the list !).
>
>I've tried to play with "manage_FTPlist" and "manage_FTPstat" methods,
>both on my folderish product and on my custom folder items (by returning
>exceptions or returning None values), but didn't manage until now to get
>a good result (the list is often completely empty when access is
>forbidden even for a single file !).

The right approach would be to customize the "manage_FTPlist" method
of the container. For this, you would locate the standard source
(using e.g. "DocFinder") and try to understand it.

You would then start to modify the source (probably in a copy)
to filter out objects without access rights.

--
Dieter