--On 14. Juni 2005 00:46:51 -0700 jlegris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Andreas,

In this case, copying the Data.fs file isn't a feasible solution because
there is plenty of user content that would get over-written. The test
instance of course doesn't contain this data. I am pretty new to Zope, so
it's possible that I don't fully understand the development process when
using this tool, but I would find it surprising if there isn't a way to
administer updates without affecting content or manually replicating
configuration settings. Is this an inherent weakness of Zope?

Basicially a weakness of your approach using Zope. Zope does distinguish between user content, customizations or whatever...everything is an object.