Yeah, I do see that every once in a while.  I have a very simple
script, that looks perfect, but will always return "syntax error".  I
copied the text, pasted into a text editor and checked all the indents
and tabs, then recreated the script.  Problem went away.

What was interesting is that I didnt change the code.  And even
thought the indents were the same, re-adding them might have solved
it.  Dont know for sure, but I dont see this enough to cause me
problems.

Greg

On 6/16/05, J Cameron Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > We have been seeing a number of instances where python scripts fail
> > due to an apparent "syntax error" but the syntax is correct and simply
> > storing the method restores it to functionality.   Anyone else seeing
> > this?
>
> How do you mean "fail"?
>
> Often times, if you have an error, save, test, and then use the back
> button, you'll see the old syntax error, even though the contents are
> the new (and correct) version.
>
> If you just revisit the script (click on the id in the breadcrumbs) the
> message will go away.
>
>         --jcc
> --
> "Building Websites with Plone"