----- Original Message ----- From: "Jürgen Herrmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
i make heavy use of indexes in my extension classes. these all inherit
from catalogpathaware, so i have to call object.reindex_object() on
each changed instance. calling it from attribute getters/setters f.ex.
is not a good idea, because changing 3 attributes will reindex the object
3 times.

what i'd like to have is that such objects are reindexed automatically
before comitting a transaction.

You can't index before committing. I think you need a different strategy: how about creating all of the new objects and then call the catalog/indexing mechanism. We do this for one of our large volume catalogs (1m+ records), by having an object class/catalog that are not 'aware' and then manually (well, thru a python routine) cataloging/indexing the objects.