I am new to this list and rather new to Zope, so maybe this is a
stupid question; unfortunately I haven't been able to find an answer
to it anywhere:

is there a generic way to find out from Python code which method has
been called (in other words: find out where the current method is
located in the ZOPE hierarchy and what its name is)? If I call an
External Method via a DTML method, of course the REQUEST object
contains the path to the DTML method because the External Method
hasn't been called via HTTP. I haven't been able to figure out any
other way of getting this information.

Thanks in advance,