[ Peter Bengtsson wrote:]
> Personally I think one should stay the hell away from transactions.
> They're not for you to fiddle with.
> I understand your question and even though I think it's a bit crazy I
> can see a benefit (simplicity for the programmer).
>
> How about a trickery solution like this:
>
> class CatalogPathAware:
>     def index_object(self, *a, **k):
>         print self.__class__.__name__, "in for indexing!"
>
> class _MyProduct(CatalogPathAware):
>     def __init__(self, id, title=''):
>         self.id = id
>         self.title = title
>     def setTitle(self, title):
>         # could be much more complicated
>         self.title = title
>
> class MyProduct(_MyProduct):
>     def setTitle(self, title):
>         _MyProduct.setTitle(self, title)
>         self.index_object()
>
> inst = MyProduct("instanceA")
> inst.setTitle('Peter')
>
> print inst.title
>

> You would basically rename your existing class from "Whatever" to
> "_Whatever" and continue as before. This does mean however that you
> have to explicitly write a function for each setter.

hmm, i can't see how this would help. if i call index_object in every
attribute getter method, the indexing is done possibly several times,
unnecessary and (cpu)time consuming.

juergen

>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting <<

Juergen Herrmann
Weiherweg 10, 93051 Regensburg, Germany
Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)721 151 463027

ICQ:  27139974  -  IRC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de