John Poltorak wrote:
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 06:07:36PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
--On 21. Juni 2005 11:58:52 -0400 Fred Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/21/05, John Poltorak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there anything wrong with this ZPT code sample?

I get this error message when trying to save it:-

HTMLParser.HTMLParseError: malformed start tag, at line 8, column 37

The cited line contains a typo; it uses "<" instead of ">" to end a tag.

...which is obvious when you look in line 8 carefully.

It may well be obvious to anyone familiar with these things, but when you are struggling to understand them, the last thing you need when you are going through the most basic example is a typo in the example itself.

That problem that has nothing to do with any of the dynamic elements in the page. Such a typo would bork any tag-based language.

You're not learning HTML at the same time as ZPT, are you?

One should know HTML before dealing with any HTML templating language. I dare say it's a fool's errand to try to learn ZPT unless you have an understanding of HTML and XML-sh languages in general.

I keep wondering whether ZOPE is sponsored by wig makers...

Now that you know, you should notify the author/site and get it fixed.

"Building Websites with Plone"

Enfold Systems, LLC