John Poltorak wrote:
If I create a macro which defines a slot called 'content', is there any way to have that slot populated by a file with a specific name if it exists in a folder? What I'd like to do is create a structure text file, in each of the folders A B C and have it automatically loaded into a content slot of a master template whenever the options A B C are selected.

Can I do that, and if so how?

I have spent all day looking at ZPT references and have no idea if what I'd like to do is possible.

You don't have to involve macros::

    tal:replace="structure context/stxfile/CookedBody">
   This is sample page content

If 'stxfile' can be aquired, what it renders will be included as page structure. (You may need to use a different method one the end of the path to render the object; for Documents, this is 'CookedBody'.) Otherwise, nothing will be rendered, though you could add a block with the oposite condition to supply a default action.

If you do not want the effects of acquisition, you may say instead::

since Zope assumes you generally want acquisition.

"Building Websites with Plone"

Enfold Systems, LLC