Nikko Wolf wrote:

I'm trying to develop a filesystem-based Product (here 'ABCD') and unless I remove the "ABCD" folder from my Products directory, I get the following error IN THE MANAGEMENT INTERFACE.

Is it possible to determine what's causing the problem? After multiple restarts, I did a global "Find" in the ZMI and (I think) deleted all objects of type "ABCD Content". But still the problem persists (no pun intended).

Gaah!  How can I fix this?

Well, with the "ABCD" product folder moved, I restarted Zope. Then, in the ZMI I manually looked at every folder in which I thought there was the slightest chance that I might have added an XML_File object.

After a while, I found one in a folder beneath the Plone instance. I delete that, restarting Zope with ABCD back where it belonged, this seems to have fixed the problem this time.

But that begs the questions
 + why didn't the stack backtrace give the problem ID?
 + if "0x28b5" can be deciphered as an ID, how?
 + why didn't the Find locate the broken instance? (it *might*
   be since I've created about 15 different portal_types, and
   the "ABCD Content" wasn't really what the offending ID was).
 + is this a common problem with file-system (or ZClass) products?