On 21 Jun 2005, at 23:23, Tamas Hegedus wrote:

Hi,

In addition, Zope is heading fast into even less friendly territory. DTML, which is technically 'mucky' but reasonably easy to grasp for non-programmers,

> is increasingly deprecated.

I just started to learn Zope recently. I choose dtml over page templates to learn as it
=> seemed to me easier (maybe as I am a non-programmer);
=> has the possibility to build dynamic SQL queries;
=> was written in the Book to exist forever.

I would like to know that 'increasingly deprecated' means by everybody (I mean here: in the www-programmers-word), or just by Zope.

That's FUD and not true. DTML is not being deprecated, period. Don't believe anyone who says that. Everyone should choose the tool they work with best, and DTML is suitable for many people. There's more people who choose to use ZPT nowadays, but that does not mean DTML will be deprecated.

jens