On 6/22/05, Tim Suter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> FWIW, here's the output of the old 2.5.1 install:

> So that tells me that there are many dependent on
> bobobase_modification_time.  What does that mean and what do I need to
> do about it?

It is completely wrong to rely on bobobase_modification_time because
that value changes when the object storage changes. It's much better
to use something like 'last_modified_date' that you control yourself
in your own code.

What happens when you import any object is that
bobobase_modification_time gets set to today() which might make all
your objects appear to be unordered because every time you refresh
(now on you zope276) they seem to jump around from place to place.

Solution is nasty but straight forward at least. On your (zope 2.5.1),
this product that you have instanciated as Knowledge, Argyle and
Helpdesk, do you have control over it's source code? Assuming it's a
python product it might look something like this::

class MyProduct(Folder):
    meta_type = 'My Product'
    def __init__(self, id, title):
      self.id = id
      self.title = title
    def getModTime(self):
        return self.bobobase_modifiation_time()

Now, what you need to do is to"copy" the bobobase_modification_time to
a new attribute.

class MyProduct(Folder):
    meta_type = 'My Product'
    def __init__(self, id, title):
      self.id = id
      self.title = title
      self.last_modified_date = DateTime()
    def getModTime(self):
        return self.last_modified_date
    def upgrade(self):
        self.last_modified_date = self.bobobase_modification_time()

And somewhere else you need to have a serious python script that loops
through all instances and runs upgrade() on each. Something like this:

for instance in context.objectValues('My Product'):
    instance.upgrade()

Good luck

> Thanks much for your assistance;
>
> Tim
>
> On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 17:33 +0100, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> > Try something like this:
> > $ cd zopehome/Products/
> > $ grep -rn bobobase_modification_time .
> >
> > That will tell you if any of your diskbased python products rely on
> > bobobase_modification_time
> >
> > On 6/22/05, Tim Suter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Excuse the newbie question, but how would I find that out?
> > >
> > > I inherited this 'project' of upgrading Zope and migrating the data.  I
> > > have had NO help with it so I have been banging through it all the way.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tim

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com