----- Original Message ----- From: "Erik Myllymaki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Each user has a unique login/username in zope (via NtUserFolder) and they also have a unique employee_id in exisitng SQL database tables.

Each page calls numerous SQL methods almost all of which need to know the employee_id number.

I can make a small method getEmpID(request.AUTHENTICATED_USER) and map the logins to the employee_ids, but then I am calling that at least once every page.

I could call getEmpID(request.AUTHENTICATED_USER) once when the user logs in and then set it in a cookie or a session variable but I am unsure of the possible security issues in doing that.

Or I could start using the zope/NT login as the key in various sales and marketing tables.

How about storing a dictionary, as a property field on the local folder, which contains the mapping from AUTHENTICATED_USER to employee id? You would have to update the dictionary whenever you add/delete an employee (simple to do), but it would give you quick access to the employee id numbers.