----- Original Message ----- From: "Pascal Peregrina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I think that storing an "isMyProcessingStarted" property would not work,
because the transaction that modifies the property value would not be
committed until the long processing is done, so when the next transaction
that reads this value starts (if this happens before the previous one has
finished), it would still see the old value.

Interesting thought... you would have to do a test to see what gets commited and when. I think you are right about the property field on a zope object not getting 'committed' to the zodb until the transaction completes, however I am not sure when changes are made to 'temp_folder' objects as they are not committed to the zodb (ie. do changes to temp_folder objects happen immediately or are temp_folder changes also tied in to the committment machinery)? Some testing would have to be done to confirm this.

There is a quick solution though: include the following command in your external method after your code that modifies the 'flag':

This will invoke the zope commitment machinery immediately.