On 27 Jun 2005, at 22:27, Tim Suter wrote:
We don't want to use LDAPUserFolder for authentication.  The preferred
method of authentication is against an authzldap enabled apache.  Or
when authenticating, is it necessary to add the LDAPUserFolder? Which,
this might explain why when attempting to edit the page, it would ask
for authentication.

If you don't use the LDAPUserFolder then simply delete all instances in your 2.5.1-based sandbox.

Just FYI, having another webserver do authentication and making that work nicely with Zope Sucks with a Capital S. Most of the time there is no valid reason to go that route, other than the lame excuse "but we only know it this way".

Requests for Zope should be proxied/rewritten through and Zope can do the authentication itself. If mod_authzldap works, LDAPUserFolder will work fine as well.