Nikko Wolf wrote at 2005-7-1 15:40 -0600:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>>
>> You are aware that you will not get a list (but a tree) when you
>> look down from some starting point?

>But Dieter, can you elaborate on what you mean?  Isn't the result from
>objectValues() a tuple [which would be a "list" in most languages].

The poster described his aim *very* vaguely -- by an
example that can be interpreted in different ways.

I concentrated on the "PARENTS[...]" part of the example.
It could mean that the poster is interested in part of
a path but it unhappy with the point where the path starts.

Now, if I choose a point and look upward, I see a single path,
however, when I look downward, I usually see more than one.

>Do you simply mean that the Folder objects may contain File, Document,
>Image or Folder objects, recursively?  If not I'm not sure I follow.

Is the explanation above enough to explain what I meant?

--
Dieter