Chris McDonough wrote:
> If you dont think it's file permissions, one thing this could also be...
> is your data.fs on an NFS partition?  flock doesn't work well on NFS.

This is a local ReiserFS partition. The zope and zeo are on the local
machine, communicating over port 9999.

I just checked, and it is not the 'zopectl debug' that fails, it is the
second connection to the running zeo; if you run zopectl debug first, that
starts, and the normal zope service will fail instead.

I just did a chmod 666 Data.fs.lock
-rw-rw-rw-  1 zope zope       6 Jul  4 22:15 Data.fs.lock

And to my surprise, that doesn't change the second zeo connection problem,