I've learnt that it's better to use getSecurityManager instead of
because it's more secure. Other than that, what is the difference. I
fear I've come a across a situation when getSecurityManager() returns
nothing where AUTHENTICATED_USER did. I'm currently trying to
reproduce the situation but it might involve odd URL usage and it's a
bore to have to restart the browser every time. Just hoping someone
could give me a quick answer because I don't understand much simply by
reading the source.

from AccessControl import getSecurityManager
class MyProduct(...):
    def Who(self):
          #return self.REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()
          return getSecurityManager().getUser().getUserName()
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com
home www.peterbe.com
hobby www.issuetrackerproduct.com