On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 12:54:21PM +0200, Thierry FLORAC wrote:
|   Hi,
| I'm currently working on a Zope site, providing FTP access to some of
| it's sub-folders.
| My questions are :

|  - is it possible to customise Zope FTP server so that a specific banner
| and a specific message are displayed on login ?

Sure it is.  For zope 2.7.5 look in lib/python/ZServer/FTPServer.py on
line 484.  Change the text to be whatever you want.  No recompilation
necessary (just restart zope)!  (I just happen to have 2.7.5 handy on
the machine I'm sitting at right now)

|  - is it possible to "redirect" a user to a specific folder after a
| successful connection ?

I don't know.  Perhaps you can add a line in there to invoke a 'cwd'
command.  Most likely you can, if you read the code enough to
understand what it is doing.  (it's python code, it's not that hard to
read :-))

PS.  this is the approach I would use to achieve a goal like this,
especially if a google search didn't give the information I need --
look at the source and figure out a) if there is a configuration for
what I want and b) am I willing to make the modifications (hard-code
it) if there isn't

not sure about the former.
        Albert Einstein
www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]