On Thursday, July 14, 2005, at 05:40 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

David Pratt wrote at 2005-7-12 10:44 -0300:
I am wanting to log a product to postgres database. I want to write to
the log from my Script Python methods (in skins) when certain actions
occur. The product itself uses a number of zsql methods.  Can I import
existing zope logging classes in my Script Python

You can import them as soon as you execute the necessary security
declarations (--> "PythonScripts" --> "README").

Hi Dieter. I realize that external methods are needed in most cases to import into a Script Python. I was hoping perhaps logging might be one of the classes that could be imported without going to external methods.

to to this

In order to let Zope's "logging classes" log to postgres, you
will need to implement a new log handler that does this...

Thanks. I guess my big decision with this was whether I ought to use what already exists in Zope or use python's logging class. Either way I have to write something to handle, store, retrieve the logs for sure.