--On 19. Juli 2005 19:07:25 -0400 Rob Page <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

During my stay at EuroPython I learned that eighteen
months ago (and without Zope Corporation's knowledge or
consent) Zope Europe Association (ZEA) registered a
trademark consisting of the Cirlce-Z (the stylized Z
surrounded by a circle) followed by the word ZOPE
(hereinafter "Circle-Z-Zope").  The mark they
registered is identical to the corporate logo used by
Zope Corporation.

In the three weeks since learning of ZEA's illegitimate
registration of our marks we have tried diligently (but
unsuccessfully) to get ZEA to unconditionally transfer
the rights of the registration.

Isn't this really strange? How can ZEA register any ZC trademark?!
Either ZC is the owner of the trademarks including Europe or it isn't?!
So either ZEA is violating the ZC trademark rights knowingly or ZC maybe never had any registered trademarks in Europe....you someone please clarify this (Paul?).