Hi list,

I run a few zope instances on a windows machine (xp). I start them either with runzope.bat or as services. The behaviour below is independent of this.

But sometimes a running instance (A) seems to block another instance (B) from starting. This does not happen every time.

If I stop instance A and start B again, it runs fine. The funny thing is that sometimes B starts fine even with a running A. (Or vice versa).

Of course I set them to run on different port numbers in zope.conf. (HTTP, FTP etc.)

I can see (with the excellent (and free) 'Process Explorer' from sysinternals) that the python processes always opens port 19999, and connects by that port to themselves on another port (for instance 2550).

Maybe my problem has something to do with this?

Has anybody experienced the same behaviour?

greetings,
Sune