Yep. Exactly - I hadn't thought of that, but yes, it was created by someone who's now left. Deeply impressive.

Thanks Jens.

JB

On 22 Jul 2005, at 11:17, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On 22 Jul 2005, at 11:04, Joe Bezier wrote:
So I tried pretty much everything - checking all sorts of permissions and other stuff, but eventually made a copy of the folder, to make sure it wasn't something peculiar with the folder name - the copy worked perfectly. So, I then replaced the original folder with the folder copy and this worked fine too.

So, basically, problem solved. But I'm now concerned - could this happen again? Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Shot in the dark: Was this folder created (and thus under effective ownership) of a user that has been deleted from the user folder?

jens

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com