Rogério Atem de Carvalho wrote:

I have a few questions about Plone (in some extent CMF/Zope):

1)How to manipulate versioning in Plone? (like CPS does)
I know there is PLIP8, but it is still a proposal, isn't it?

have a look at CMFEditions on . it is also published on site we have publieshed an alpha release, and hope to fix the remaining bug over the summer, please feel free to contribute. On you can find the "collective-versioning" which we use to discuss on subject and coordinate the effort.

2)How to store and catalog huge document collections?
-LocalFS + ZCatalog?
what do you mean with "huge"?
-Implement mapping and indexing in a relational DB?

google for shane's apelib  or look int

(I have also de ERP5's ZSQLCatalog option...)

3)Is there any product or Plone plug-in that allows enhanced searches
through thesaurus or ontologies, or something like this?
I know there are Ontobroker and Gnowsys, but I would like
to have something simpler to work on top of Plone.

nothing ready i think, but for a generic library that enables you to perform complex queries over a catalog google fro Dieter's AdvancedQuery product. Also, it is possible to implement ontologies in plone using Archetypes references and maybe using the Relations product (always from Archetypes svn o)