This is a bit OT but this list is the best place I know to ask it :)

I have a form which uses UTF-8, the text entered in the form then has to be converted to iso-2022-jp. If any character is entered that isn't valid for iso-2022-jp I get:

UnicodeError: ISO-2022-JP encoding error: invalid character \u2013

What I need to do is display the offending character in the error message. So the question is, how do I take the '2013' and display the appropriate character?

TIA, Itai