Nicholas Wieland wrote:
First of all thanks everyone for the help, I've resolved my problems one after the other thanks to the suggestions I've found here. Now I'm rewriting urls by substituting the href attribute with custom data, and everything works fine. What I'd like is having an url like: myproduct/generate/20050301/PG2, and actually that's exactly what I've got. This url will make my app generate a pdf report for the ref_date 2005/03/01 and code PG2 (ref_date and code are internal data). Zope obviously maps the url as an object, but that's not what I want: I want to parse the url and use the ref_date and code data inside a generate method.

You want to write a __bobo_traverse__ method for your class:

    def __bobo_traverse__(self, REQUEST, name):
        # do something with 'name' here.
        return an_object_that_is_to_be_published