Hi Christian,

Thanks for this long and balanced post.

Far less heated than I (or other hot people of the community) can produce.

I hope ZC will take time to answer your legitimate questions...

I suppose you'll await some progress on the negotiation before joining us in ZEA...

BTW, do you have the feeling ZEA was trying to steal anything, have you heard of others that would think we tried to ?

At least I agree ZEA should have communicated with ZC far earlier.

Christian Scholz wrote:
Hi!

Andrew Milton wrote:

You took someone else's work and claimed it as your own. This is the worst crime you can commit in the Open Source world.

I think it's not really a discussion about Open Source here as it should
make no difference to the Zope community whether ZC or ZEA is holding
the TM. Both don't represent it and both possibly could do harm to it if
they just wanted to (which they don't want as I see it).

Thanks mainly for this paragraph... which ZEA itself would agree with, at least if I understand their(our) position correctly.

<snip>
--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha)  http://bubblenet.be