Pascal Peregrina wrote at 2005-8-1 11:07 +0100:
>I know this is more a python question than a Zope one, but this is part of
>different tests I am doing to try to make Zope faster.
>The target architecture is several Zope instances on a multi-processor linux
>On a linux system, does anyone know if these python options can help
>performance :
>+ --enable-shared

That's on by default.

I do not expect significant changes in runtime -- at least under Linux...

>+ --with-pth

I do not know precisely what "with-pth" means. I expect "with posix threads".
In this case, you probably should activate it provided you use
a 2.6 Linux kernel. Maybe not for speed increase but for better
standard conformance...