Hi All,

I’m pretty new to python and zope but would like to know how I can adapt this script below to test to see if nodeValue actually contains a value and if it doesn’t then I would like to return a default value I can check for using my zpt that references this script:

if not attobject:

    return ''

version = attobject.get_viewable()

nodes = version.content.documentElement.getElementsByTagName(attname)

if not nodes:

    return ''

return nodes[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue

Two parameters are passed to this script attobject, attname. ‘attobject’ is an object id and ‘attname’ is the childNode with the nodeValue I wish to return.

Hope someone can help, and I hope this makes sense.