Hi Michael,

Michael nt milne wrote:
> I read though that you have to do a re-write in IIS or install an
> ISAPI re-write extension so that IIS speaks to zope. There's also the
> 404 asp script in Andy Mckay's book.

This only applies if you are using the /same/ ports on IIS as Zope.
Using 8080 should keep it separate.

> Apparently IIS hogs all the ports and has to be forced not to.

Not quite - it hogs it's ports (e.g. 21, 80, 443) on all IPs (socket
pooling) unless sense is kicked into it.

See: -

> Not sure about ISA server.

Since it is a firewall and would know about IIS but not Zope, you do
need to know if it's in play...

Can I suggest you try this on a plain Windows workstation, so you can
see how it "normally" works?

PGP Public key: http://www.xfr.co.uk
Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"You'll find that one part's sweet and one part's tart:
say where the sweetness and the sourness start."
- Tony Harrison