Hi Michael,

michael nt milne wrote:
> Ok thanks. Will check on the ISA side. I've it up and running on a laptop
> fine.
> Will let you know progress. Would you say it should be fine just
> running the app from the zope server on 8080 once it is running,rather
> than configuring to go through IIS?What's your experience?

Glad you've had it running on a laptop - I was concerned you might lose
faith!

;-)

If the app is Internet facing, or has non-trivial traffic, I'd put Zope
behind Apache. I have multiple sites on single Zope instances on several
Windows servers, and it works really well.

In my case, Apache serves pages on port 80 but on a separate IP address
from IIS. One old server is NT4 (!) which worked fine, another is Win2k
Server, and I needed to knock socket pooling on the head for that one.

If I were doing it again, I'd run /both/ Zope and IIS on non-standard
ports, and put both behind Apache. I may be a bit jaundiced, but I don't
consider IIS is well enough house-trained to be let loose on port 80...

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Public key: http://www.xfr.co.uk
Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"You'll find that one part's sweet and one part's tart:
say where the sweetness and the sourness start."
- Tony Harrison