Hi Michael,

michael nt milne wrote:
> Ok, thanks. Yes, Apache would be much better to route traffic through.
> And also it looks like a complete pain to try and route traffic
> through IIS. Is Apache for windows good? I only have experience of it
> on UNIX>

Works fine - once it's up and running and you are looking at the .conf
file, you will probably barely notice the difference.

> Since I am not expecting very high traffic for my site at first I am
> going to use the Zope server at first. My head is hurting too much
> just now!

Understood!

> By the way do you have any experience of altering the zope database or
> adding fields to the registration process on Plone etc? Seems a wee
> bit tricky and a client wants extra fields etc.

That's one for the Plone list - but there is now a release candidate out
for Plone 2.1, and I understand such things are simpler in that version.
There may be an existing CMF/Plone product that does what you want for
that matter.

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Public key: http://www.xfr.co.uk
Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"You'll find that one part's sweet and one part's tart:
say where the sweetness and the sourness start."
- Tony Harrison