Hi Michael,

michael nt milne wrote:
> Thanks for the help here. I'm calling in a support engineer to try and
> get it up and running. Firewall, router issues involved. Strange
> though that localhost doesn't work. Because that wouldn't go through
> the firewall/router.

I despise ISA Server with a passion - have just spent a couple of hours
hunting down a silly mistake in one of my rules in the 2K3 version which
would have stuck out like a sore thumb in an Apache .conf file.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about what it might block, up to and
including localhost - it bites me time after time, and all I ever have
to do is add web publishing rules, which that /should/ be simple enough.
Problem is, it's all hidden in tabbed dialogues where you can't see the
whole rule at once...<spit>

> I've also noticed that something shuts down pythonservice.exe program
> which is strange.

Now that /is/ a new one on me - but would certainly explain your problem...

Good luck!

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Public key: http://www.xfr.co.uk
Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"You'll find that one part's sweet and one part's tart:
say where the sweetness and the sourness start."
- Tony Harrison