Bernd Dorn escribió:

the following 3 problems

this line must be in /etc/hostconfig
ZOPESERVER=-YES-

On 17.08.2005, at 13:03, Garito wrote:

Hi all!

Yesterday I install Zope 2.8.1 on a Mac OS X tiger Server and all goes ok

The only question I can't configure is the automatic boot up

I read some how-to's but they don't work

At /System/Library/StartupItems I create a folder called Zope with 2 files:

Zope with these contents:

the 'Zope'  file must be executable in order to work

chmod +x Zope

#!/bin/sh

##
# Zope Web Application Server
##

. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
   if [ "${ZOPESERVER=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then
       ConsoleMessage "Starting Zope"
       /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl start

typo? sistes == sites

   fi
}

StopService ()
{
   ConsoleMessage "Stopping Zope"
   /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl stop
}

RestartService ()
{
   if [ "${ZOPESERVER=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then
       ConsoleMessage "Restarting Zope"
       /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl restart
   fi
}

RunService "$1"

and StartupParameters.plist with these content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Description</key>
    <string>Zope web application server</string>
    <key>OrderPreference</key>
    <string>None</string>
    <key>Provides</key>
    <array>
            <string>Zope Server</string>
    </array>
    <key>Requires</key>
    <array>
            <string>Web Server</string>
    </array>
</dict>
</plist>

With these 2 files zope doesn't start at boot time. For that question I try another StartupParameters.plist:

{
 Description     = "Zope WebServer";
 Provides        = ("Zope WebServer");
 Requires        = ("Web Server");
 OrderPreference = "None";
 Messages =
 {
   start = "Starting Zope WebServer Service";
   stop  = "Stopping Zope WebServer Service";
 };
}

but It doesn't work too

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

--
Mis Cosas
http://blogs.sistes.net/Garito/

Hi again!
Sorry but Zope is executable, perhaps another thing?
Any idea?

Thanks