On 18 Aug 2005, at 11:00, Andreas Krasa // WUW wrote:
As I understood Dieter's mail, this strange behavior is caused by the
way RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 system libraries handle SIG_IGN/SIGCHLD.

That makes me wonder why it does not happen on my CentOS 4 box. CentOS 4 is compiled from RHEL4 SRPMs with only very minor changes, mostly to remove copyrighted RedHat logos and names.

Anyway - how severe are those testing failures for actually USING a ZEO
client/server on that particular OS as a production system?

I personally would not trust a system for production where the unit tests don't run until it's proven that the unit tests themselves are dodgy, or whatever else caused it is fixed.