John Eikenberry wrote:
Mark Barratt wrote:

I can vaguely see why this is happening. My question: is there a straightforward way of making the links (and error reports) return the actual page address?

By actual page address you want the URL with index.html instead of
index_html? Given your current setup as described, redirecting would work.

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(URL1+'/index.html')>

Well, no, because some of the objects I want to append /source.html to are not called index.html (but that *is* how we did it for another site and it works as you say).

A text substitution covers both cases:

tal:attributes="href python:context.REQUEST['URL0'].replace('index_html','index.html')+'/source.html'"

If you were working with zope projects there are other tricks you could
pull, but it doesn't sound like you are doing this.

I don't understand this: is a 'zope project' different from my project using zope?

Thanks to you and Dieter for the help

--
Mark Barratt