Hi Dieter.

On Monday, August 22, 2005, at 01:45 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

David Pratt wrote at 2005-8-21 23:43 -0300:
        # Catch put in traversal
        def __bobo_traverse__(self, REQUEST):
                method=REQUEST.get('REQUEST_METHOD', 'GET')
                if method == 'PUT':
                        PUT(REQUEST, RESPONSE)

Usually, "__bobo_traverse__" gets an additional argument.
I expect that you will get a "TypeError: wrong number of arguments".

Ok thanks, I'll look at what else it requires

After you fixed this, the code might work in your special case --
but it is not using the correct idiom:

  Usually, you want to handle the request method only
  at the end of the traversal and not at each intermediate
  place. For this, you can look at
  "REQUEST['TraversalRequestNameStack']". It contains the
  traversal steps still to be performed.

Thanks.  I'll look at this as well.

        # Using default put method from NullResource
        def _default_PUT_factory( self, name, typ, body ):
        def PUT(self, REQUEST, RESPONSE):

Why do you override these methods as apparently, you do not use

I guess my thought it that I want everything to happen normally with the PUT except no object creation (which seemed to occur where I had commented it out) of the PUT method. My workflow script and method from a tool still needs the content type and body for processing so overriding the original methods seemed a reasonable way to go.

I'm hoping to get something together enough to test today or tomorrow.