Andrew Langmead escribió:

On Aug 23, 2005, at 6:24 AM, Garito wrote:

I try sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope start but nothing happend (nor on console)

but if I launch /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl start it works perfectly

I try to comment the if and fi lines but don't work

I just want to make sure I point out to you, that little of this has to do with Zope itself, and most of the audience of this list knows little or cares little about the peculiarities of the MacOSX/Darwin init environment.

One piece of information that I now realize that I forgot to put in the previous message was that if you have the section "if [ "$ {ZOPESERVER=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then" in your startup script, then you probably have to put a line in your /etc/hostconfig that says ZOPESERVER=-YES-. The bundles in /System/Library/StartupItems and / Library/StartupItems tell the machine how to start services and in what order, but the /etc/hostconfig file specifies which services are desired for a particular machine.

If you want to diagnose the shell script in /Library/StartupItems/ Zope/Zope, you might want to try to run it with the bourne shell's trace option, specified by the "-x" parameter.

sh -x /Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope start

Sorry for the inconvenience but I don't know where to ask for these kind of problems
If I search on Google about these there are few responses and very vague

I type your sh -x /Library/StartItems/Zope/Zope start with these response:

macmini:~ garito$ sh -x /Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope start
+ . /etc/rc.common
++ set -u
++ PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/libexec:/System/Library/CoreServices
++ export PATH
++ . /etc/hostconfig
+++ AFPSERVER=-NO-
+++ AUTHSERVER=-NO-
+++ AUTOMOUNT=-YES-
+++ CUPS=-AUTOMATIC-
+++ NFSLOCKS=-AUTOMATIC-
+++ NISDOMAIN=-NO-
+++ TIMESYNC=-YES-
+++ QTSSWEBADMIN=-NO-
+++ WEBSERVER=-YES-
+++ SMBSERVER=-YES-
+++ SNMPSERVER=-NO-
+++ SPOTLIGHT=-YES-
+++ QTSSRUNSERVER=-NO-
+++ TIMESERV=-NO-
+++ WEBPERFCACHESERVER=-NO-
+++ ARDAGENT=-YES-
+++ SOFTWAREUPDATESERVER=-NO-
+++ HOSTNAME=www.sistes.net
+++ IPFILTER=-NO-
+++ MAILMAN=-YES-
+++ CRASHREPORTER=-YES-
+++ ZOPESERVER=-YES-
+ RunService start
+ StartService
+ ConsoleMessage 'Starting Zope'
you must be root to run ConsoleMessage
+ /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl start
. daemon process started, pid=22593

the pid is asigned but Zope doesn't work even if I delete the ConsoleMessages

Thanks!!

--
Mis Cosas
http://blogs.sistes.net/Garito/