I’m confused as to what the thread “scope rules” are between Zope and MySQL.

I would like to be able to emulate transaction control in MySQL in a Python script in Zope, but I’m unclear as to how the Z MySQL DB Connection works, and what defines a “thread” for it? I need to be able to LOCK tables, INSERT, SELECT, INSERT, and then UNLOCK the tables. But, if I put each of these commands in separate Z SQL queries, and call them each from a Python script, are they guaranteed to be in the same SQL thread, so that their locking context will be the same, or will they all be executed on different MySQL threads? Or…on the other extreme, does every query from a Zope server use the same connection thread? And does that thread simply exist until the connection times out and it has to reconnect?

Thank you,