>From ZopeBook 2.6:
Using a module usage (pick a random choice from a list):

'two', 'three', 'four', 'five'])">
a random number between one and five

Substitute any list you wish...

to generate a random number [ 0 < x < 1 ), you'd just use something like
<tal:define define="random_floating_point_number
python:modules['random'].random()" />

I'd be curious to know if the random() method DOESN't work,
cause the choice method has definitely worked for me...

Hope it helps,
Aaron Bauman

-----Original Message-----
From: David Siedband [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:38 PM
To: ZOPE.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Random Module

Are you sure you can't import the functions you need?  It might be
worthwhile to see if what you want to do can be done without adding to your
allowed modules.  That should be kind of a last resort.  I'm curious what
kind of functionality you need from random that can't be done within the
importable functions...