On 29 Aug 2005, at 16:13, Peter Bengtsson wrote:

What is the best way to deal with file uploads with illegal characters?
I have no problem stripping the filenames such that "_Peter[1].doc"
becomes "Peter1.doc" before it's manage_addFile'ed.
But suppose I want to maintain the exact filename as it was on the
harddrive, how do you deal with that?

What is the use case?

If a filename is illegal as a URL then that's that. All you could possibly do would be to stick the illegal name into another attribute and show it as additional piece of information for the content. You cannot make an illegal filename legal as a URL for download, unless you hack the regexes in CMF/Zope and just disregard interoperability.

jens